WHAT IS OPPORTUNITY NOW?
Students selected for Opportunity Now receive the necessary foundational, work readiness and critical life skills to help them grow and prosper after high school. Our program combines classroom training with real-world experiences. Our overall goal is to help our students live successful and productive lives.
WHAT SERVICES DO OPPORTUNITY NOW PROVIDE?
Opportunity Now provides Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
to students ages 14-22. These services include:
- Job Exploration- Introduce students to a wide range of career options while also helping them identify and explore occupations that match their interests and skill sets. Students set obtainable career goals and develop the tools to achieve those goals.
- Work Readiness- Provide skills training to prepare students to obtain
and maintain employment. The training reinforces positive decision making
and effective social skills.
- Self-Advocacy-Teach students the importance of knowing and understanding their rights, and to develop the confidence needed for independence and self-sufficiency
- Post-Secondary Training and Education- Expose students to college and career training possibilities through partnerships with universities, community colleges and training providers.
- Work-Based Learning- Develop employment focused opportunities through
paid employment, internships, job shadowing, and work-site tours.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN OPPORTUNITY NOW SERVICES?
- Opportunity Now students have obtained employment in high demand
industries and careers.
- Opportunity Now students have been accepted into colleges, universities, military service, and training institutions.
- Opportunity Now students can receive incentives ranging from financial rewards to fun group activities by meeting program expectations
for attendance, behavior, and participation.
HOW CAN OPPORTUNITY NOW ASSSIST IN IMPROVING A STUDENT’S ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE?
Opportunity Now can provide support in areas to assist students in improving academic performance and student attendance. Students may also earn a credit for completing Opportunity Now classes
WHAT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH OPPORTUNITY NOW?
Opportunity Now provides students with Work-Based Learning Opportunities. These experiences help students gain valuable work experience and come with support and structure from Opportunity Now staff. Paid employment is a primary goal, but students also have access to internships, tours, and other work experiences.
HOW CAN OPPORUTITY NOW HELP WITH MEETING COLLEGE AND FUTURE TRAINING GOALS?
Opportunity Now provides students with access to resources to help them develop and complete transition goals, college admissions, and financial aid. Opportunity Now also partners with local colleges, universities, and training providers to assist our students in reaching their dreams.